Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Teal Couch!

Our couch is Ikea by way of Craigslist and we got a great deal so when we brought it home, I didn't complain about the color, which was a cream color. I'm not sure why it took me a year and a half of wishing it was a different color to actually do something about it. Yesterday I was hit by the cleaning/rearranging/fix things up bug. It started with me moving all the furniture in the living room to wash the floor boards and mop the floor and it ended with a teal sofa and a very happy lady! (me)

I am usually half way through a project when it dawns on me that I should have taken a "before" picture. So you'll have to use that imagination of yours to picture it before. It took 4 packages of Rit Dye and I just followed the directions for dyeing in the washing machine.

Last night I started looking for some cool fabric to make some throw pillows, I'm thinking oranges and pinks.



4 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous love the color.
    ♥Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the couch and love the color! I'm always nervous about putting dye in the washing maching...guess I need to just man up and do it cause the turnout is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out so great. Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! Those are awesome! Spacify offers Sofa Couch and more at reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete