Saturday, March 20, 2010

Chicago Spring Break

Last week boyfriend and I went to Chicago for his spring break. We both love Chicago and we saw it all, I think. We took in the Contemporary Art Museum, The Art Institute of Chicago, The Adler Planetarium, and The Lincoln Park Zoo.

The weather was absolutely perfect so it made the Lincoln Park zoo a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. I even made a few friends.


I didn't make friends with this guy, I just gazed at him from a distance.

Of course we had to take the mandatory pictures of ourselves in the mirror bean thing in Millennium Park.


One of the highlights was eating our first hot dogs from a street vendor. We headed over to the observatory one morning thinking we would be able to find a little cafe for some breakfast. We found nothing around, well nothing except a hot dog vendor. Since we are both vegetarian we weren't considering it until we got closer and saw that there was a "veggie dog" listed on the menu. I got mine "Chicago Style".... mustard, celery salt, onions, tomatoes, and topped off with a dill pickle spear. It was awesome!



We had an amazing view from our hotel room, where I took dozens of night shots.
Can't wait to go back!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time in Chicago! I live about an hour away. I also love the Field Museum of Natural History and Rick Bayless's restaurant Frontera.
    The Botanical Gardens are awesome also; they're just to the north of Chicago in Glencoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a great time!
    I found you on etsy forums. come visit me too!

    p.s. i'm hosting a give away that ends later today, so come enter before it's over!

    http://jdavissquared.blogspot.com/2010/03/give-away-from-knotwork-shop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew we forgots somethin'! Oprah!

    ReplyDelete