Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mixing it Up

Last week boyfriend and I made the drive to Chicago, where we dined at one of our favorite vegetarian restaurants, The Chicago Diner. I had Buddha's Karma Burger - so so yummy!

After we ate, I conveniently remembered I was nearly out of silkscreen ink and there just so happened to be a Blick Art Store nearby. What a score for me and my memory!

I'm not a fan of ink colors right out of the tub, so as soon as I got home I started mixing and stirring. Once, I attempted to use a kitchen mixer to mix up some new colors, and although it seemed like a really great idea at first, it ended with the most beautiful shade of mint green ink splattered all over my kitchen. Now I stick to a chop stick and my hand.



I got a bunch of vinyl screen printed with the new ink colors, here are just few....






8 comments:

  1. The emerald green in the zebra print is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way too good. WAY TOO GOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love it! You're so freakin' good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your new colors... especially the purple and teal!! Really love your new screen prints, too! Can't wait to see you in just a very few days to celebrate your birthday in Chi town!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! Briana, your comment made me chuckle out loud :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome patterns and color palettes! I absolutely love your new line of bags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the green and gray!!! magic!!!

    ReplyDelete